Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Going to see the family

We arrived in Richmond on Thursday and once we got ourselves up and ready Friday morning we headed out to see the family.....um.......I mean the zoo :-) Emma was not quite up to her usual self, but I think she had a really good time. Luckily, the Richmond Zoo is fairly small, so it only took us a few hours to make it through the entire zoo.
One really nice thing about the zoo being small is we were able to get pretty close to some of them. Some of these animals I could have just reached out and touched (not that I would have wanted to mind you - but I could have).

Emma tried to feed whatever critter was in here her flower while Papa was feeding them "Zoo Food". Whatever Papa did, Emma had to do.

Emma & Mommy

Emma with her Papa and Mimi

Papa, Emmaline and Mommy

It was a good day at the zoo. Afterwards, we went to Friendly's and got some ice cream. They have the BEST black raspberry - Yum!!! I have more pictures from the trip to post, but they will have to wait for another day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks like you had so much fun! i love going to the zoo - it never gets old no matter how old you get!! i love all the animals! how di you make the animal photo into squares? i really like that!

Anonymous said...

So this is going to sound crazy but i just saw your ticker - are you pregnant????? i looked through your blogs but didn't see one that had any announcement - did i miss it somewhere???

Terri said...

Hey, What's up w/ that? I caught Sammi's comment too! You got some splainin' to do girl! Congrats!!!!!! YIPPEEEEE!!! That explains why you haven't felt good in your blogs. Enough with the vacation, tell us your good news! :)

Carla said...

Okay Lady, you have a lot of explaining to do. Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your vacation.

Deaton, party of 5 said...

PUT ME IN THE ZOO--I love it too! We're going to have to get some of that delic. ice cream sent to the Louisville Zoo.