She must taste yummy
This week has been brutal on my poor girl. She got bit at school.....not once.....twice! The first time was Tuesday and I was told that she hit another girl and then got bit in retaliation. But when I asked Emma, she first told me who bit her (which was her buddie Tori), and when I asked her why she hit Tori, she tells me she didn't hit Tori, but "Tori made Kendal fall down and Kendal got hurt in her face so Tori not nice". I wasn't really sure what all that meant or what actually happened, but I could never find a bite mark, so I kinda wrote the whole thing off.
Then I get a phone call yesterday afternoon to let me know that Emma had been bit and it had broken the skin. I could hear her crying in the background. So, being the nervous nellie mommy that I am, I rushed over there to get her while trying to get a hold of the doctor along the way. By the time I got there she had stopped crying, they had gotten her cleaned up and she was outside. But as soon as she saw me, she started to cry again. It nearly broke my heart. She got bit on her shoulder blade....through her shirt......and there were four distinct gashes from teeth!!!! I took Emma into the other room to wash her hands and I asked her who bit her....."Tori". I was shocked! They were supposed to be little BFF's. What was going on?!?!? I went back out to talk to the teacher and she told me that they were playing in the playhouse and she heard Emma holler out "NO!" and turned in time to see Emma being shoved out onto the ground and then 'the other child' pounced on her and bit her before she even had time to get over there to stop it. She thought they were fighting over 'ownership' of the playhouse, but since she wasn't right there I don't think anyone really knows what happened.
Emma and I left and she was pitiful for a while. It hurt to move her arm because it would stretch the skin around the bite and it hurt to sit back in her car seat. So needless to say, I then became 'pushover mommy'. Pretty much, whatever she wanted (within reason) I gave her :-) Then when I was bathing her last night I noticed a bruise on her leg, just above her knee. It was oval shaped and only bruised around the edges.............yup.........it was the bite mark from Tuesday. So she did get bit. Twice. In one week. From the same child. Now when you ask Emma about Tori, she says that they are not friends, that Tori is naughty and needs to be in time out. It makes me sad. I haven't taken pictures of any of her bites so far. I just haven't had the heart to do it. But someone told me that I probably should in case anything comes of it later (since they were both from the same child).
She is at Grandma's today, so hopefully she is having a better day. And I certainly pray that next week is a little less eventful.
Have a good week-end!!!








7 comments:
That's terrible! The poor thing! I hope she's doing better!
poor thing!!! I think it will break my hear too when Ali gets bit by another child. I pray that SHE isn't the one that turns into the biter! :o)
I don't know how you handle this. It breaks my heart. Love Miss Emma. Let's go to Jackson's with the girls soon.
Did the school fill out incident reports for each bite? If so, did you and the other mother get copies?
You should check to see if the school has a policy about biting - I know my school does: Kids can be expelled for repeated biting. It's more of a worry for Tori's mom, I guess, but it's something you should ask about. Also find out if she's bitten any other kids. I know it's almost Halloween, but who wants to go to school with a vampire?
Poor little girl - having her friend turn on her like that. A little extra spoiling is called for, I think!
YIKES--BITES--how awful! Maybe you should get Emma enrolled in Kung Fu or Judo??? Poor thing! and Poor Mommy!
How awful!!!!!! Oh, I bet it broke your heart. I think the other mom needs to know. Has it been better since then? Poor sweet, Emma.
Oh - I'm still playing catch up. I know this post is a couple weeks old. :) Random ol' me!
Post a Comment