Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Beautiful day for a Wedding - Part 2

After the wedding we went outside to take some pictures and wouldn't you know the wind picked up, the rain started and the temps dropped.  But we were all so happy, so we smiled and said cheese!!! 

Now it was time for the reception.....

The wedding cake...
After the bride and groom were done taking pictures up at the chapel I went outside to get a picture of them coming into the reception.  I found Emmaline and Sophie outside waiting for them also....
This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip.  I shows how well they got along so quickly.  I so wish we lived closer so they could see each other more often.

My parents :-)
My dad and his sister, two of my favorite people.
Caroline and her Nana.  I grew up calling her "Auntie Ruth" even though is actually no relation to me.  She is a wonderful woman and I have been very blessed to have known her.
All the little girls enjoying a snack of prawn crackers and lemon bitters.  Hettie, as the oldest, was taking care of everyone.  Emmaline had run out of her lemon bitters, so Hettie would go up to the bar, get some more and pour it into her glass.  It was soooo sweet!!!
Me with my beautiful cousin Caroline.
The girls sitting outside coloring while the party was going on inside.
Time to cut the cake :-)
The music started up as the sun went down and the girls had their own little dance party outside.
Daniel and Elizabeth dancing.
Elaine was determined to dance with her husband....so she did.  My dad had to take pictures because I was busy crying. 
Emmaline had to come in and get in on the action. 
I had never seen her dance so much...not even in dance class.
One last piture of the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmaline, its Sophie. I miss you

Rusti said...

just read back several posts (and checked out the pics too!) looks like a fabulous trip (and a beautiful wedding!) so glad you had such a great time! (and Emmaline too!)

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Miss your posts! How ya been?

Scrappy Girl said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. That situation has been so hurtful. Your comment made my day. Thank you for saying hello!